A Talent Connect Session is a session held on a weekly basis for all Andelans joining a new client engagement.
The Community team schedules these sessions and invites mentors to speak with Andelans who have little or no prior knowledge of working with Andelan clients and share tips on being successful on an engagement.
These sessions are held via Zoom and have helped improve the client-talent onboarding experience for mentees, provided mentees an opportunity to gain insights into what to expect through their client journey and how to plan to achieve optimum performance. Ultimately, it has created a safe space for answers to burning questions before mentees kick off their opportunity.
As the number of talents onboarding each week grows, the Community team is calling for more volunteers to lead these sessions and you can be part of this mentorship program by signing up!
Who is a Talent Connect Mentor?
Talent Connect Mentors are:
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Andela.
- Have worked or are currently working with an Andela Client.
- Are motivated to share their experience/knowledge on their client on-boarding experience and technical journey with their client.
- Supportive and offer responses to any questions asked by mentees via calls or Andela Chat.
- Open to volunteers 45 minutes a month via Zoom for mentorship sessions.
All volunteers will be invited to a training session and will be provided with talking points and materials to guide them on leading mentorship sessions
Benefits of being a Talent Connect Mentor:
Through the program, you will:
- Learn about your unique strengths, values, and your Andela story and how this connects to your purpose and the change you want to create.
- You will develop your mentorship, presentation, communications, and networking skills.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded Andelans from around the world.
How do I apply to be a Talent Connect Mentor:
We are delighted that you are considering joining the program. Please fill out this form with the necessary details and we will review it and get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have more questions, feel free to fill a ticket on help.andela.com or send a Andela Chat message to Nicola or Feji and we will reply as soon as possible.
Article is closed for comments.