Hi there! If you wish to access your monthly payment funds earlier than the payment due date, Andela and our payment vendors have made this possible for you.
Based on your engagement length, see the options available below:
ACTIVE ON AN ENGAGEMENT - LESS THAN 2 MONTHS
- Are you a newly engaged engineer who has been with a client for less than 2 months? Have no fear! Andela is pleased to offer Andela Cash Advance to help you get settled in your engagement and set you up for success.
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- You have signed a contract with Andela as a contractor.
- You have been engaged with a client for less than two months.
- You do not have any outstanding balance with Andela
- What is the amount I can receive in advance? The maximum amount that can be received is equal to your monthly payment rate, with a maximum of $5000 if your rate exceeds this amount.
- Are there any fees? Yes, we charge an administration fee equal to 2% of the requested cash advance value.
- How long do I have to pay back my advance? The ‘payback amount’ (cash advance amount plus administration fee) will be deducted from future fees that you earn in the number of installments of your choice: (1 month, 2 months, or 3 months). The payback amount will be split equally across those months and deducted from your monthly paycheck.
- What happens if I roll off an engagement early? We will deduct the outstanding cash advance amount from your final payment. If your final payment can’t cover the full amount, we’ll require your assistance in transferring back the outstanding amount to Andela. If you fail to do so, you will be disbanded from the Talent Network.
- Can I request multiple advances? Yes, but you can only request another advance once your first advance is repaid. In other words, you can only have one outstanding advance at a time. After you have been working for more than 2 months, you are no longer eligible for Andela Cash Advance.
- How do I apply? Please fill out and submit an Andela Cash Advance Request Form.
- What happens next? We will notify you by email within 48 business hours if your request is approved or declined based on the eligibility requirements. If your request is approved, you will receive a Cash Advance contract that both parties have to sign.
- When and how will I receive the funds? We process cash advance payments through our payment vendors every Friday, and you should receive it by the following Monday at the latest. You will need to have completed setting up your account on our payment vendors’ platform in order to receive it.
Please note that if your engagement hasn’t started yet, we’ll only process your cash advance, at the earliest, 10 business days before the start date.
If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please submit a request at help.andela.com.
ACTIVE ON AN ENGAGEMENT - MORE THAN TWO MONTHS
Are you an engaged engineer who has been with a client for more than 2 months? While you’re no longer eligible for Andela’s Cash Advance, you can request a cash advance from the following payout vendors:
Cadana Cash Advance Policy
- Cadana Instant Pay is a cash advance feature that allows contractors to get a portion of their payment before payday. The amount withdrawn is automatically deducted from the next pay cycle. Instant Pay is paid out in the same currency as your contract, USD.
For more information, visit Cadana’s Instant Pay FAQ.
Deel Cash Advance Policy
- Deel Advance allows eligible contractors to get short-term cash advances.
- Deel Advance is not a loan - there is no interest rate and Deel does not run any credit checks. The advance is an agreement where Deel gives you funds now, in exchange for an agreed amount of your future earnings, which is collected automatically from your scheduled client payment.
For more information, visit the Deel Advance FAQ page.