At Andela you will be responsible for practicing world class security protocols! To do this, you will need to practice:
- Only install applications from trusted sources.
- Always yield to browser warnings.
- Always double check links to ensure they lead where they should.
- Do not give anyone access to your device without you being physically present.
For all Andelans, we advise you take the following steps to secure your device.
- Use strong passwords that contain a minimum of 8 characters and has special characters
- Do not use the same passwords across multiple locations, if you must, always make a variation.
- It is always best to combine numbers and letters to make the password alphanumeric.
- Avoid using guessable combinations e.g Birthday date, phone number, Debit/Credit Card number
- Enable Screen Lock on mobile phones/tablet/phablets
- Exercise connectivity best practice
- Always and only connect to a WiFi network with a password.
- Avoid free WiFi that you did not have to input a password to connect
- Always check that your preferred video device/extended screen is selected as the input/output source.
- Always check resource utilisation in Activity monitor (use spotlight to search for it).
Advice for Mac users;
- Enable FileVault
- Turn On Firewall
Article is closed for comments.